Monday 29 August 2011

SKI TRIP TO THE SNOWY VALLEY


HELLO ALL!!!  First off, I need to begin this post by apologizing to my dear ol' family.  I've been SERIOUSLY slacking lately when it comes to updating this blog, so I have a lot of ground to cover in the next few days. (Aka get ready to be bombarded with an obnoxious amount posts!)  I’ll start off by talking about the FABULOUS SKI TRIP that I took a few weeks ago.  On a whim, I convinced my new friends Melissa and Sophie to sign up for a ski trip on our “long weekend.”  (Note – every weekend in Australia is a long weekend because we don’t have classes on Mondays or Fridays…woohoo life is good!!!)  Anyways, this trip was really cheap and super convenient, but there was a slight catch: it was organized by a local Asian tour agency frequented almost exclusively by male Japanese tourists.  Rather than being bothered by this fact, we found it hilarious and signed up immediately.  The next morning, we boarded a coach bus filled to the brim with eighty Japanese men and began our eight-hour journey to the snowy mountains of Australia.  Everyone on the bus was really friendly, and my friends and I ended up doing Saki bombs with them and singing along to their masculine chants.  I had no idea what was going on or being sung most of the time, but it was undoubtedly an amusing bus ride.  We spent the next three days enjoying the slopes and the beautiful mountain weather.  It rained in the morning on our second day, but we were treated the rest of the afternoon to incredible views of a rainbow that stretched across the mountaintops.  Food on the mountain was expensive, so we survived on a diet of doughnuts and gummy worms. J  After a long weekend away in the cold mountain weather, we were happy to return safely to Sydney and its sandy beaches.  

Taking a casual mid-morning nap on the side of the mountain

Melissa and Sophie on the chairlift!

scenic views of Mt. Thredbo

lunch break! 

sharing a gummy worm  

ladiez out on the town with our Japanese suitors 

posing with a freakishly small deer head 

THE RAINBOW!!!

what a successful trip!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment